Lest I Look Like a Slacker
If you've watched my progress in the Summer Reading Thing, you might think I've been such a slacker. Not true. I may not have yet finished all the books on that list---I go back to work on Wednesday, so summer is over for me---but I've read lots of other books this summer. I'm currently reading New Moon and the copy of Eclipse is on my desk next to where I am typing.
So, I've decided to share a little bit about the other books I've read this summer, so you'll know that I have been reading, just not always the books I said I'd get around to.
1. The Greatest Discovery - Sorensen. Very predictable, a little sappy, but a quick read.
2. My Point, and I do Have One - Ellen Degeneres. Some funny parts, some crude parts.
3. Nobody's Better Than You, Mom - Bowen. Should have made my boys read this one!
4. Aunt Dimity's Christmas - Atherton. Recommended by someoen at critique, but I abandoned.
5. The Elusive Mrs. Polifax - Gilman. A 2nd read for me. I love this series.
6. The Independence Club - Nunes. I enjoyed this one a lot and hope Rachel starts a series.
7. Purple Cow - Godin. Okay, I'm weird because I read marketing and business books for fun.
8. Free Prize Inside - Godin. Lots of good ideas to draw customers to your products.
9. The Peach Cobler Murder - Fluke. Another favorite mystery series for me.
10. Mrs. Polifax and the Whirling Dervish - Gilman. The trouble this woman gets into!
11. Secerts to Zarahemla - Wilson. I kept getting lost. The characters were confusing to me.
12. The Fudge Cupcake Murder - Fluke. I kept craving chocolate, but still loved this one.
13. Life As We Knew It - Pfeffer. Interesting YA novel about the moon moving closer.
14. Ghost of a Chance - Blair. Better than the first book, but some parts still bugged me.
15. Death on Demand - Hart. I discovered a new mystery writer that I liked.
16. Dead as a Doornail - Harris. A disappointing and somewhat crude vampire mystery.
17. Rickles' Book- Don Rickles. Like Ellen, sometimes funny, sometimes VERY crude.
18. Nothing to Regret - Pinkston. Liked it but wish it had been a series with more development.
19. It's All Too Much - Walsh. Loved the book, love the series (Clean Sweep). Loved the advice.
20. When Faith Endures - Van Nuygen. Taught me a lot about LDS, the Vietnamese, and war.
21. Deep Storm - Child. Another great thriller from one of my favorite writers.
22. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Rowling. Thought the ending was PERFECT!
23. Farworld: City Under the Water - Savage. Don't look for this one yet; it's not out til 2008.
24. Loved Like That - Wright. Liked it a lot, but I wonder if my book is too similar in theme?
25. Religious Literacy - Prothero. Interesting view why we are religiously illiterate.
26. One Minute Millionaire - Allen & Hansen. 2nd time reading this. Good motivation.
27. Circle the Truth - Schmatz. MG religious fantasy. IT was oaky, but not a grabber.
28. Twilight - Meyer. Decided to reread this one. Liked it better this 2nd time.
29. Wild Worlds - Moore. YA Graphic novel. Why must the girls be half-naked?
30. Loving Will Shakespeare - Meyer. I'm related to both of Wills' parents.