Friday, June 06, 2008

Lu Ann Meets Her Favorite Organizer at BEA

Anyone who read my article at Desert Saints about Clean Sweep knows how much I love Peter Walsh. I admire the genteel way he works with people to overcome their clutter habits and obsessions. When I saw that Peter was going to be signing copies of his latest book, Does This Clutter Make My Butt Look Fat? I knew I had to get there early to be in his line. I wasn't disappointed. Peter was funny, he was kind, he posed for this photo, gave me his email address so I could contact him about doing an interview, gave me a hug with a kiss on the cheek, and declared that I was hysterical, meaning in a funny way not like a super-fan gone crazy. I told him how I was training my boys to clean house the clean sweep way, and his publicist through that was great, too. Okay, I know my house has a long way to go to be as neat and clean as the ones Peter does for his stint on Oprah, but at least the memory of this day will help keep me on the right path when I battle the mess that I call an office. Speaking of which. . . I guess I should get started now or it will take me all summer to do. In the meantime, if you want to read more about another one of Peter's books, visit my Book Review blog about It's All Too Much: An Easy Plan for Leading a Richer Life with Less Stuff.

1 comment:

Karlene said...

Oh, I'm so jealous. I love him too. He's so sensitive to the feelings of those he works with and helps them to uncover the meaning behind their clutter. It's almost more therapy than organizing.