Friday, July 25, 2008

Surgery Update


Good thing I love my husband. This is the photo he took of me before I passed through the doors into my left elbow replacement surgery. Such a flattering pose and beautiful party hat and attire.

The surgery went well, but I had to stay the night in the hospital because they couldn't get me to stay awake long enough to breathe! At least the surgeon was also able to pop my right elbow back into place, so I can bend my arm and type with all five fingers on that hand.

A night on oxygen helped me breathe, sleep, and stop being nausiated at least. Now it's a week of healing before the torture begins---physical therapy!

3 comments:

Tamra Norton said...

I hope your recovery and therapy goes well! :)

Heather Moore said...

Does not look like much fun. I'm glad the surgery was a success!

Anna said...

Luann!!! Remember Me? I came to Utah in '89 with my friend Debbie Bennett for the Osmond Reunion in Provo over the 4th of July that year! We went all over the place with you and your mom! I just found your blogs and WOW you've been busy after all these years! I'm so sorry to hear about your fall and subsequent elbow surgery! I sure hope your on your way to better health REAL SOON! Write me back when you can and I'll keep you in my prayers! God Bless!
Long lost friend!
Anna Maria Wilkins