Friday, August 29, 2008

Getting Better All the Time . . .

But, will my recovery be good enough? It's Friday afternoon and my left arm still only can be stretched to about 85% capacity. I have an appointment to see the surgeon on Tuesday for a follow-up. He wants my arm to be STRAIGHT by then.

"Yeah, right," I say.

If not, he plans to put a spring brace on it to hold my elbow straight. My physical therapist tells me I don't want to do that. Why doesn't he tell me something I don't already know?

So, I'm off to see the therapist again tonight. Time to hold that 20 pound weight (at least that's what it feels like) strapped to me hand.

"Gravity," he tells me. "Gravity."

Tell that to my screaming muscles, my raging pain, and the arm that refuses to make itself straight.

Ah, the agony!

No comments: